SPLASHSIG.WEBS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPLASHSIG.WEBS.COM

Forum for Scale model waterbourne aircraft

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Piaggio Pegna PC.7

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Fester

Dr Fester

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:28 am

Hi,

I am looking for a kit of the Italian Schneider Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Racer.

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Piaggio-pegna_pc7_photo1

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Piaggio-p7_2

Pretty radical hydrofoil seaplane experimenting with removing the HUGE floats of seaplanes of that era and the ensuing drag associated with them. It never flew having had problems during take-off switching between the screw propeller and prop.

I know that Noix and Vintage made 1/72 kits but they are long since OOP, so any ideas if there are any out there now? >LINK

Cheers

Doc
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:31 am

Wow, that's pretty damn radical!

I wonder if you might be able to scratch build one, maybe base it on a Macchi?

Jen.
Back to top Go down
Dr Fester

Dr Fester

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:37 am

Jen wrote:
I wonder if you might be able to scratch build one, maybe base it on a Macchi?
Yeah I was thinking the same Jen but if I was to scratchbuild it would have to be 1/48 or 1/32. One for the future maybe?

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 NAJN8JTZ6ogplkqnBts65JRNo1_500

Looks real purdy in red.

Doc
Back to top Go down
Brews

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Even if it never flew, it would have made a smart-looking speedboat. I can see it now, they get the speed up, it's up on the foils and ... getting the prop into gear now and ... oh, we're down in the water again. What a pisser. And where is the fuel stored? My guess is that it's between the pilot and the engine. Mmmm. Range might be ok, but it wouldn't be as much fuel as what you can put into a float. Interesting pics.

Jen should be able to scratchbuild this in 1:32, and make resin kits available for us mortals. Everything she needs is right here:

http://hydravion-modele.com/Fichier_histoire/1920_piaggiopc7.htm

It would have to be cheaper than this multi-media kit, though:
http://www.grandprixmodels.com/searchdetail.php?ref=MMAT32017%26desc=Piaggio%20P7%20Marsh%20Models

And while this one is relatively cheap ...
http://www.hlj.com/product/KADMMF-004
careful parts cleanup does not bear thinking about in 1:144 scale.

I bet that this flying model is not for sale!
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/alain.vassel/skyways.htm

But this wooden one is!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Piaggio-Pegna-PC-7-P-7-Airplane-Wood-Model_W0QQitemZ390064649852QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090706?IMSfp=TL090706139007r35505
Back to top Go down
Dr Fester

Dr Fester

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:32 am

Great links Brews and this build is getting towards the top of the 'to-do' pile.

I think scratch building either 1/48 or 1/32 would be ideal, and with copper foil over the top surfaces of the red wings this would look fantastic.

Cheers

Doc
Back to top Go down
Dr Fester

Dr Fester

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 am

Just taking a closer look at the drawings of this plane and it strikes me that the elliptical wing is very reminiscent of a certain famous WW2 fight no?
Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Piaggiopc7

This from a plane designed in 1928 !

Cheers

Doc
Back to top Go down
Brews

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:33 am

To my eye, it's closer to the wing of the F.21 and later than the earlier, fabric-covered-aileron wings. Ellipses were around for a long time before Mitchell adopted it for the Spitfire- which was about the time of the height of the fad (e.g. Val, Claude, Heinkel etc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piaggio Pegna PC.7   Piaggio Pegna PC.7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piaggio Pegna PC.7
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPLASHSIG.WEBS.COM :: Model Building :: Research-
Jump to: