SPLASHSIG.WEBS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SPLASHSIG.WEBS.COM

Forum for Scale model waterbourne aircraft

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen

Jen

Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper Empty
PostSubject: Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper   Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:52 am

Here's my big (!) Telford build for 2009, the Combat Models 1/72 Boeing 314 What a Face

Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper 363662169

Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper 363662170

Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper 363662171

Purchased from America with the aid of Mike Reeves, this kit is very large, much bigger than I expected actually. It is though, at least as basic as I was expecting!

What you get is an enormous sheet of vac parts covering the main airframe assemblies, and nothing else. No decals, no small bits, no clear parts, not even a box. Those parts you do get are very basic, with just the lightest impression of surface detail in the form of engraved panel lines, but plenty of ripples, chunks, gouges - you name it.
I paid an extra $10 for the detail set as marketed by Combat models but none of it is really any use, consisting of mainly shapeless lumps of various coloured plastic and resin.

I will have to get started on this very soon if I am going to have any chance of getting it done in time, so watch this space!

Jen.
Back to top Go down
Derek B

Derek B

PostSubject: Re: Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper   Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Good luck Jen...I'm sure that it shall be stunning once completed.

Regards

Derek
Back to top Go down
Brews

PostSubject: Re: Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper   Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:40 am

How is this coming along, Jen?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper   Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat Models Boeing 314 Clipper
Page 1 of 1